I have an idea for developing my land. Can I do it?
For these questions, not only does Community Development staff need the tax map parcel number, zoning, and other relevant information, but we also need a concept plan or well developed sketch in order to evaluate whether a proposed subdivision meets the regulations for that zoning district.

This kind of question may also require a meeting with staff, but the information must first be provided to the department in order to schedule a meeting. Community Development staff has meetings on a weekly basis to provide guidance to prospective land developers, but staff cannot effectively provide this assistance without the information needed to research the proposal prior to meeting with a customer.

Show All Answers

1. What can I do with my land?
2. How can I divide my land?
3. What's the best way for me to get an answer to my questions?
4. What permits will I need in order to build?
5. I have an idea for developing my land. Can I do it?
6. Do I need an inspection?
7. How long will all of this take?
8. What else do I need to know?
9. Floodplain / Flood Insurance In Louisa
10. How can I request a zoning determination or confirmation letter?
11. My permit indicates I need a foundation survey and/or setback certification, what does this mean?