Louisa County Electoral Board
Andrea M. "Andi" Gilmer - Chairman
Larry E. Lewis - Vice Chairman
Patricia L. "Patty" Driskill - Secretary
General Registrar - Cristy E. Watkins
Our office is located in the County Office Building at
1 Woolfolk Ave in Louisa.
Hours Mon-Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm
Fax: (540) 967-3492
Draft Minutes - November 14, 2016 Electoral Board Meeting
Draft Minutes - November 9, 2016 Electoral Board Meeting
Draft Minutes - October 13, 2016 Electoral Board Meeting
Draft Minutes - September 15, 2016 Electoral Board Meeting
Draft Minutes - July 14, 2016 Electoral Board Meeting
Draft Minutes - June 15, 2016 Electoral Board Meeting
Next scheduled meeting:
February 7, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
Executive Board Room
Louisa County Office Building
To be eligible to register to vote in Virginia a person must:
NEW! Online Voter Registration Application https://www.vote.virginia.gov/ Click to apply to register to vote or update your current registration!
- Be a resident of Virginia (A person who has come to Virginia for temporary purposes and intends to return to another state is not considered a resident for voting purposes)
- Be a U. S. Citizen
- Be 18 years old (Any person who is 17 years old and will be eighteen years of age at the next general election shall be permitted to register in advance and also vote in any intervening primary or special election)
- Not be registered and plan to vote in another state
- Not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law
- If convicted of a felony, your right to vote must have been restored
Or you can download the Virginia Voter Registration application here.
Download the Virginia Absentee Ballot Application here.
Citizens who will be absent from Louisa County on Election Day, or who are unable to go to the polls because of illness or disabilities, may apply to have an absentee ballot mailed to them or vote by absentee ballot in person at the Office of Voter Registration. Virginia law requires a reason to vote absentee. Valid reasons for voting absentee are:
- Students at institutions of higher learning, and their spouses
- Absent for business purposes (includes persons who are employed outside of Louisa County)
- Absent for personal business or vacation
- Scheduled to work at one's workplace at least 11 of the 13 hours the polls are open (includes commuting)
- Firefighters and first responder personnel
- Unable to get to the polls because of disability, illness, or pregnancy
- Caretakers of confined family members
- Awaiting trial and under confinement
- Serving time for misdemeanor convictions
- Religious conflicts
- Active duty uniformed services or merchant marine personnel and dependents residing with them
- Regularly employed outside the U.S. and dependents residing with them
- Living abroad indefinitely (may be eligible to vote only for federal offices)
- Registrars, electoral board members, or officers of election scheduled to work the election
- Political party or candidate representative volunteers scheduled to work inside the polls or at different polling places
Did you know...
- If you have moved since you last voted, you need to register at your current address to assure your vote will count.
- It's a good idea for everyone to check their registration status - just to be sure - call the Registrar's Office at 540-967-3427
- If you need to registered or update your registration download the Virginia Voter Registration Application.
- Check your polling place online.
If you have any questions regarding your registration status, or need information about obtaining an absentee ballot, please call the Registrar's office at 540-967-3427.