Louisa County Seal, click for homepage Louisa County Seal, click for homepage
Contact    Sitemap    Search    


Community Development
        Frequently Asked Questions
    Planning & Zoning Division
        Dividing Land
        Land Use Amendments
        Site Plans
        Shoreline Permits
        Telecommunication Permits
        Other Zoning Permits
        Request for Information
        Rural Road Additions
        Comprehensive Plan
        Zoning Ordinance
    Building Inspections Division
        For All Building Permits
        Other Permit Documents
        Commercial Development
        Residential Development Forms
        Residential Packages
        Building Dept Message Board
        Building Links
    Code and E&S Enforcement
        Land Disturbance
        Citizen Request for Assistance Form
        Inoperative Vehicle Ordinance
    Staff, Committees & Boards
        Department Staff
        Planning Commission
        Development Review Committee
        Board of Building Appeals
        Board of Zoning Appeals
Office hours:
Mon to Fri 8:30 to 5
Phone: 540-967-3430
Fax: 540-967-3486

.... Tip of the Month

Current Land Use Applications

Building Dept Inspections

Louisa County GIS

....Instructions for using GIS
Any time you clear, grade, excavate, or transport soil, you are causing a land disturbance. These changes may result in soil erosion from water or wind. A land disturbing permit allows landowners to move areas of dirt, construction or roadway over 10,000 square feet in size. Both the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) and Louisa County require this permit. The landowner must submit a set of erosion and sediment control plans to the County, ensuring that the land will be protected from erosion onto other property, state roads, and nearby waterways and wetlands. A pre-construction meeting with County staff is required for land disturbance projects. Most individual house builders can avoid the requirements of a land disturbing permit, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions to be certain.
  Click on the appropriate link to find what you need....
Frequently Asked Questions on Land Disturbance PDF
Agreement in Lieu of E & S Plan for Single Family PDF
Land Disturber Application PDF
Erosion and Sediment Control Checklist PDF
E & S Cash Escrow PDF
E & S Control Performance Bond PDF
E & S Letter of Credit PDF
E & S Minimum Standards PDF
Exemptions from Land Disturbance PDF
Fee Schedule PDF
Virginia Stormwater Management Permit (VSMP)
Required for Land Disturbance over an Acre or in a Subdivision
Suggested Organization of Site Plans PDF
Don't see what you need? Call 540-967-3430
Contact the County       Sitemap       Search our Site
Website assistance, please contact the Webmaster.
All rights reserved, 2005-2015.
Our Privacy Statement